Whole Wheat Linguine with Fakin’ Bacon, Baby Spinach and Basil
- 1 lb. whole wheat linguine
- 1-1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz. Lightlife Smart Bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1-1/3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves, or to taste
- 1/2 lb. baby spinach leaves
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Grated vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Cook whole wheat linguine according to package directions. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; sauté 5 to 6 minutes, or until crispy and lightly browned.
2. Add red onion and 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Stir in vegetable broth and basil; simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook until spinach just wilts. Season to taste with pepper.
5. Toss whole wheat linguine with sauce, sprinkle with vegan Parmesan cheese and serve.