Kale and Kidney Bean Salad
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided into 1/2 cups
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of each Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Over medium-low heat in a medium pan, add 1/2 cup veggie broth, onion, garlic and spices; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add kale, lemon and the remaining 1/2 cup veggie broth. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the kale is wilted and tender.
- Add kidney beans, lower heat and cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
What’s cooking in your kitchen for Meatless Monday?